Friday, February 24, 2006

Across the River...with a Singapore Sweetheart

A week of slogging through mystery Web sites and blogs in prep for my panel discussion has left me with “web brain,” the cybersurfing equivalent of the alcoholic’s “wet brain.” My skull cannot expand to fit my swelling cerebellum, and my eyeballs feel as if they are being pushed out my sockets to make room. I’m sure my liver has been damaged somehow. Call 1-800-WebAnon.

In my search for cybersavvy, I had the odd experience of finding myself quoted in a 16-year-old Singapore girl’s blog, Oct. 1, 2005: http://samology.blogspot.com/, and given credit (thank you, Samantha!). She must have read a Family Circle article I wrote about parenting; "See yourself through your child's eyes." Who knew the publication has a Singapore issue. If I’ve influenced the life of one Singaporese/Singaporian/Singaporite teenager, I’ll die happy and feel hipper than I ever have thought possible.

No comments: