Saturday, March 29, 2008

Across the River...and into The Park


The weirdest thing...after I'd gotten my picture taken for the book jacket, I was walking to lunch with my publisher, Debby Buchanan. We passed an art-print store and saw a old poster of Palisades Amusement Park, framed and on sale. Another sign? "I give to you for $80." Hey, I'm from New Jersey, this park was right above my house, it's mentioned in my book, it's mine. "Why not $75?" "Okay, but cash." Now it is mine, after I borrowed $12 from Debby.

1 comment:

Clare2e said...

Oh dear, oh dear.

It was very nice meeting you last night, Cheryl, and Terrie linked to your site from our www.womenofmystery.net. However, I am afraid, especially as your book nears publication, we're going to need fresher stuff than this! For one thing, many of us our yet unpublished and we want to know what it's like. Help us ink-stained wretches out!

And very good luck with what seems like a terrific book. Deadly Ink chose well.