Monday, February 23, 2009

Across the River...and Under the Palms

Trying not to hyperventilate about tomorrow night's speak-and-sign at Murder on the Beach. A tough act to follow: Tonight Linda Fairstein will be there talking up her latest, Lethal Legacy. I had the joy of interviewing brilliant, funny, just plain nice Linda for Mystery Scene a few years ago, and her history as the head of the groundbreaking Manhattan District Attorney's Sex Crimes Unit was/is fascinating. My plane should land in time for me to catch her in the act.

Then on to Sleuthfest. On Friday at 11 a.m., I'm co-leading a workshop with Oline Cogdill of the Sun-Sentinel on getting press coverage. (Those who can do, those who can't....) Saturday's 3:15 panel on Humor in mysteries should be---or BETTER be--a laugh. The pressure's on to be funny, but Elaine Viets and Rhonda Pollero will be on the panel with me, so maybe I can just sit back and enjoy the show.

Of course, it might be useful for me to finish packing and get on the freaking plane...

2 comments:

Lois Karlin said...

So did you get stuck in Florida after Sleuthfest along with the crowd whose planes were canceled? I'll bet there was an after-the-fest party of stranded writers.

CheSol said...

Yes! Just the excuse I needed to stay!