Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Across the River...and on the Beach


The book-signing at Murder on the Beach was a great success and great fun, thanks to my mom and uber-social Aunt Theresa Natale rallying her book club and other friends. Bookstore manager Joanne Sinchuk was wonderful and hilarious. (Ask her what she REALLY thinks about Patricia Cornwell.)

This was icing on a cake that was already well-frosted the night before. I had gone straight from the airport to the bookstore just in time to catch Linda Fairstein's talk and pick up her latest, Lethal Legacy. As she signed my copy, I reminded her that I'd interviewed her a few years back for Mystery Scene magazine. "Of course! And you have a signing here tomorrow. I can't make it, but tell Joanne to put your book on my pile." Turns out she had put aside a stack of books to buy. Even better, the next day, straight-from-the-hip-shooter Joanne said, "Some people buy other authors' books just to be nice, then they leave them behind. BUT SHE TOOK YOURS WITH HER."

So now not only does the fair Fairstein have my book on her credit card, she may actually read it. Be still my heart!

No comments: